Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Lamb of God


John Testifies About Jesus
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”  John 1:29-34
Last week read about John the Baptist denying that he himself was the Christ.  The passage this week john tells us who is the Christ.  Other than Jesus, John was the only person who knew what was going on at this point.  I don't think even Joseph and Mary fully understood.  John is saying, "Hey! Everybody listen!  This is the guy I've been telling you about!  He takes away your sin, not me!  I didn't know him until God showed me that this is the Messiah!  He is the reason I have been baptizing you guys!"  It would be like Billy Graham getting on TV with some stranger and saying this is him.  What joy John must have felt, to look up and see Christ coming toward him and know that redemption was at hand. 
You too can know this joy.  The peace that passes all understanding.  All you have to do is ask Christ into your heart and ask him to forgive your sins.  He stands at the door, ready to come in.   If you would like to know Jesus and God the father, please pray the following prayer. Or, you can contact me at jeremylail@gmail.com  and I will more than happy to pray with you.
Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless. I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus for give me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend. I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment