Friday, August 31, 2012

How to be a Christian when you are tired

Sleepy  Photo Credit: dprevite

You probably clicked here thinking I was going to give some useful steps about being a Christian when you are tired.

Sorry about that!

The post title is more of a question than a self help post.  You see this week has been exhausting.  I have stayed up later than normal a couple times.  We have had car trouble a couple times.  Errands, chores, and some work stuff took longer than expected or didn't get done.  And there is going to be a big change coming for me at work.  So I am exhausted both mentally and physically.

I am stressed out and worried about various things that are happening and some that aren't happening.  I know God is in control and I genuinely believe that he is looking out for what is best.  That doesn't negate the fact that I have been more cynical this week.  I have had mean thoughts creep in often.  I have snapped at my husband and son more than once.  All I really want to do is curl up in a ball under my covers and go to sleep.

However, I decided to be an adult and go to work even though I really didn't want to do that.  I have tried to stop the negative thoughts and focus on positive things, like smiles and laughter.  Blessings like a full belly and a warm bed.  Maybe that is what growing in your faith is all about.  Maybe it is looking for the blessings more than you do the negatives.  Maybe it is believing God is going to come through even when things look tough.

What do you think?  How are you a Christian when you are tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment