Friday, August 10, 2012

Peace Talks

On Sunday we learned about fighting for peace.  I have to say this sermon left me with more questions than answers.  And that could be a good thing because questions can bring discussions.  Discussions bring a deep understanding of a topic.  So I'm going to tell you what I'm thinking and maybe you guys can leave a comment about what you think.  Let's discuss this fight for peace.

1. Confront Humbly
How do you confront with love and humility?  What if this confrontation is about how someone hurt you?  If so, you talk about yourself and your feelings.  Is that humble?

I don't have the answers, but I have a few thoughts.  I think if you are sharing what you felt without anger and in a genuine desire to help the other person, then it is humble.  If you are verbally throwing your feelings at someone, then there is still anger there and you haven't forgiven.  Maybe you need to work on forgiveness first and then confronting.  Just my thoughts and I could be wrong.

2. Love Deeply
What does love deeply look like?  How much love is enough?  How do you know that you are loving enough?

Again, just my thoughts.  If you want that other person to become a stronger person and closer to God because of this fight for peace, you are on the right track.

3.  Forgive Irrationally
We have all heard about forgiving others, so I don't really have any questions there.  But what about the asking for forgiveness.  Do I need to ask for forgiveness because I am confronting them?  If I am confronting them, I will probably hurt their feelings.  Is that okay when I know in the end it will make our relationship better?  When should I ask for forgiveness?  Is it okay to do that when I am hurting their feelings or should I wait until after we are better?

This one I have on ideas about.  I don't want to hurt their feelings, but I know we need peace in the relationship.  I know it is what God wants me to do, but I'm not sure if that precludes me from asking for forgiveness.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment