Friday, November 16, 2012

Unedited thoughts on the sermon

"I want to experience the presence of God and to dwell with God." Sermon on 11-11-12.



If I never have another child, do I love him?
If he called for my life, do I love him?
If he called for Ben's life, do I love him?
If he called for Drew's life, do I love him?
If we lost our home, do I love him?
If I am in physical pain, do I love him?

Do I trust him to be useful? What if I had to trust him to be useful?

What if there was not going to be a place without suffering, and pain? Is He enough even with pain and suffering?

Psalms 27:4 - If I was facing New Testament Saul, would I still say this - "I want to dwell with God."? Do I mean it that much? Would I love him if he ordained it? Even as enemies surround me? Literally?

What makes me happiest? Doing the will of God.
Why? Because it makes him happy.
And? Because he is proud of me? Because he would love me more?

Because I love him!

Is doing the will of God similar to wanting the presence of God?

In doing His will, we are IN His presence!!!

David said, "I don't want to be delivered from this. I just want you."
Would I say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment