Tuesday, November 6, 2012

From the Pastor's Heart - November

"You have granted me life and favor, and Your care has preserved my spirit." - Job 10:12















Just like Job, that is my testimony. As I look back on my life, the Lord has definitely "granted me life and favor.". And I'll be completely honest with you - I am completely at a loss as to why. I do not understand why the Lord has been so good to me. The only explanation I can come up with is simply - THE GRACE OF GOD.

Today when I think of "favor of God" on my life, I think of Sandy Ridge Wesleyan Church. This church has been such an incredible blessing on my life and the lives of my family. I wish I could adequately express my love and appreciation to you, but words such as "Thank You" seem so lacking. But for lack of a better way, here it goes.

THANK YOU... for allowing me the honor of being your pastor.

THANK YOU... for being a living example of God's grace as you consistently put up with my mistakes, failures, and many short-comings.

THANK YOU... for loving me and my family with the love of Christ.

THANK YOU... for trusting me and helping me build the Kingdom of God here at SRWC.

And finally THANK YOU for last Sunday. I will honestly admit to you that I felt uncomfortable most of the time last Sunday; but at the same time, I have never felt so loved, appreciated and encouraged. THANK YOU!

Sandy Ridge Wesleyan Church - you are truly the "FAVOR OF GOD" upon my life. And as I have told you before, you have had many pastors in the past and will have many more in the days to come - but you will never have a pastor that loves this church and you as much as I do! THANK YOU!!!

Believing in you,
Pastor Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment