Friday, June 22, 2012

What fathers do


Photo Credit: Andrea Ward

In honor of Father's Day and the sermon we heard on Sunday and read on Wednesday, I asked our youth something they love or respect about their father.  Some answers are goofy and some are serious.  They all reflect what we heard or read in the sermon.  Kids notice when dads use their words, their time, and their lives for them.

Dads listen to some of these responses and think about the time you are spending with your kids, think about the words you are using with your kids, and think about how you are using your lives for the betterment of your kids.

What do you love and/or respect about your dad?

He listens to my problems.
He's always there for me by listening to my problems.
He's great at playing golf and has excited leadership.
He's always there to talk to me and listen to me.
He brings me to church and to youth group.
He's always happy and nice to people.
He has quiet leadership.
He loves me very much.  I know because he helps me wash dishes.
He is the Christian leader of our house.
He is not bald, so I get to keep my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment