Friday, June 15, 2012

Growing in Grace










Photo Credit:  Andrea Ward


I have been learning a lot about grace recently.  The things that I keep coming back to are the scope and sufficiency of God's grace.  It knows no limits and is always enough.  How is that possible?  No matter what I do His grace is big enough to cover it.  No matter how far I run His grace is there waiting for me.  I sit and try to wrap my mind around that and I can't.  I can't fathom how God loves me that much to give me that much grace.  Although I don't understand it, it is there and those facts are true.  They are not based on my understanding or belief.  

However as a believer, grace is like oxygen to me.  Or it should be.  I should be growing in grace.  I should be slowly understanding it more.  I should be giving it more.  I should be accepting it more.  That is a pretty tall order, but we don't grow overnight.  We grow a little bit day by day.  That's how growing in grace should be.  I should be understanding it a little more every day.  I should be giving it a little more each day.  I should be accepting it a little more each day.  

I will be honest and say that some days are better than others.  Some days I'm not growing.  Some days I'm shrinking, but those days don't go on forever.  I do come back to God and receive more grace.  The learning starts all over again.  

Are you growing in grace?  Is it oxygen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment