Friday, April 19, 2013

Worship Leader - April

What an amazing time that we have just come out of! Easter is a time of remembering the sacrifice that our Lord made for us, and also the great power in His resurrection! We can have eternal life because He died and rose on the third day! As we enter into spring, it always reminds me of God's mercy. In spring everything is new. The trees are budding, flowers springing up all around. Isn't that like God's mercy for us every day? God's mercy is new every morning! There is no better joy, than knowing we have new mercy every day!

I am constantly amazed how much the Lord loves me. How He takes care of me and my family. Even when everything seems to be going wrong, He is always there lifting me up! We can always depend on Him, even whenwe can't depend on anyone else. I am reminded of the wonderful words, What a friend we have in Jesus! All our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit. O what needless pain we bear all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Just imagine all of the stuff that we carry around with us every day. When all we have to do is give it to Him and He will help us with whatever we are going through! 1 Peter 5:7 reads, "Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you!" I don't know about you, but every time I think about the King of Kings and Lord of Lords caring about me, I get pretty excited. We serve a wonderful savior, who gave His life for us, so that one day we could spend eternity with Him!

I serve a risen Savior; He's in the world today! I know that He is living, whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy; I hear His voice of cheer. And just the time I need Him, He's always near! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me, along life's narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart. You ask me how I know He lives. He lives within my heart!

I hope that you know this risen Savior and that He lives in your heart! There is no greater joy than knowing for certain that Christ is your Savior. He gave His life for you. Will you give your life to Him? Trust Him today for all that you need. He is faithful to be there for you and give you the strength you need!

Serving with you,
Gene Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment